Monday 28 February 2011

Raw - Placement Competition Brief

Raw design studio in Salford is somewhere I've had my eye on for a while now and are definitely going to make it onto my top 10 agencies to email in the next couple of weeks. I think it would be the perfect studio to gain a placement with and now they have released a competition brief to decide who gets one (the details of which are below). 
Im sure the standard of entries will be high and I also know that I'm in direct competition with several people from my course so I need to make sure I get this right and produce something that really reflects what I can do and what I'm about.


"Placements. You want one? Well, we can offer you one, but it’ll cost you… 1 creative project to be exact. Best case scenario, you’ll get a month-long placement and some recognition for your efforts. Worst case scenario, you’ll have a lovely new project to add to your portfolio.

As the origin of Raw Type is based on typographic experimentation, we thought we’d stick to our roots with an open brief encouraging the same process. We want you to create a typeface based on one of the following themes: time, sound, photography or light. As well as the typeface, we’d like you to create a poster promoting your creation.

Technical Spec

Themes: Time, Sound, Photography, Light
Typeface: A-Z and 0-9. Extra points for more glyphs, upper & lower-case etc.
Poster: A2 portrait/landscape
Deadline: 15th April 2011
How to Submit: PDFs, no larger than 5MB to submit@rawtype.co.uk. Must contain the typeface, poster and explanatory text about the idea and method.

We will pick our favourite from each theme and then open it up to the design community to select the overall best and winner of the placement. If you have any questions, use the comments below – that way, everyone can benefit. Have fun everyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment