Monday 23 November 2009

End Of Module Self Evaluation

1. What practical skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Through this module I have began to use Adobe Illustrator for the first time and my skills in this have developed quickly through working on the 26 letter brief and by also using it heavily during the 'No News Is Good News' brief.

2. What approaches to/ methods of problem solving have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I feel I have maintained a more constant analysis of my work throughout this module by carefully considering and questioning each decision I made as the projects developed. This helped to overcome problems I faced as I was asking why I had chosen certain things and what would they achieve.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think I have maintained a pleasing consistency across different media during the 'No News Is Good News' brief through the posters and mailshot whilst developing creative, subtle solutions to communicating messages in my work.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
I want to make sure I can develop each idea to its full potential through managing my time well whilst making sure that I initially look into a range of ideas instead of selecting one and carrying it forward straight away.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what you expect to gain from doing these?

- Ensure time management allows me to develop my work to its full potential.

- Continue to practice and develop my Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills.

- Strike a balance between technical and manual skills.

- Explore a bolder use of colour.

- Develop a range of ideas before selecting one to carry forward.

6. Are there any things we could have done differently that would have benefitted your progress?
Consider how many briefs are running at one time as it can restrict the development of some work and also makes it difficult to attempt extra work such as live briefs.

7. How would you grade yourself on the following areas. ( 5 Excellent - 1 Poor)

Attendance- 5
Punctuality- 5
Motivation- 4
Commitment- 4
Quantity of work produced- 4
Quality of work produced- 4
Contribution to the group- 3

No comments:

Post a Comment