Monday 8 November 2010

One-to-one chat with Jane


After today's PPD introduction with Jane I was able to have a chat with her about what I need to do in order to start making progress with the PPD brief. She gave me some really useful pointers that have helped me set out clearly where to start from, beginning with corresponding with an existing contact that could potentially put me in touch with useful people that would enable me to start identifying what areas of graphic design I want to work in professionally.

Other notes :

- Start thinking about what I do or don't like.
- Narrow down more specific areas of interest within the field of graphic design.
- Gain contacts from existing contacts.
- Find companies I like and ask tutors for advice on how to contact them.
- Put finished pieces of work on a separate blog.
- Find companies > Get a name > Get contact details.
- Assess my skills, what am I confident in?
- Don't underestimate myself!

2 comments:

  1. glad to be of help- hope you are thinking/gaining/ narrowing/ assessing /finding/getting and putting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Finchy,see you have signed up for tomorrows sesh.look forward to seeing how far you have got.x

    ReplyDelete